Focus and Scope
The aim of the PROFIT, p-ISSN 2355-7176 dan e-ISSN 2620-8504, is to provide an national forum for the sharing, dissemination and discussion of research, experience and perspectives across a wide range of education, teaching, development, instruction, educational projects and innovations, learning methodologies and new technologies in economics education.
The Journal invites original research articles and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The whole spectrum of research in economics education are welcome, which includes, but is not limited to the following topics:
- Economic Teaching and Learning
- Economic Science
- Siti Fatimah
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Jurnal PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi is scientific, peer-reviewed and open access journal published by Sriwijaya University in collaboration with ASPROPENDO. The manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous referees for contribution, originality, relevance, and presentation (double-blind review). Reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses. The Editor shall inform you of the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 30 to 60 days. The submitted manuscript is first reviewed by an editor. It will be evaluated in the office, whether it is suitable for the Jurnal Profit focus and scope or has a major methodological flaw and similarity score.
The accepted research articles will be available online (free download) following the journal peer-reviewing process. The final decision of articles acceptance will be made by Editors according to Reviewers comments. Plagiarism detection of articles in this journal is carried out by using turnitin (Web Checker). The journal is carried out by using Mendeley as a Tool Reference Manager. The language used in this journal is English and Indonesian.
Jurnal PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi
(p-ISSN 2355-7176 and e-ISSN 2620-8504).
Short journal title: PROFIT
For year 2021, Volume 8, Number 1-2 are scheduled for publication (May & November).
PROFIT is electronically published via journal website https://ejournal.unsri.ac.id/index.php/jp/index
PROFIT is published by Universitas Sriwijaya.
Commencement of publication: Mei 2021
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public, supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or / institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to full text articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or author. This is in accordance with
• Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY-SA)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
This statement clarifies ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in our journals, including the authors, the editors, the peer-reviewers and the publisher, namely Universitas Sriwijaya.
Section A: Publication and authorship
- All submitted papers are subject to strict peer-review process by at least two International Reviewers that are experts in the area of the particular paper.
- Review processes are blind peer review.
- The factors taken into account in the review are relevance, soundness, significance, originality, readability, and language.
- The possible decisions include acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection.
- If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit a submission, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted.
- Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
- The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism.
- No research can be included in more than one publication.
Section B: Authors’ responsibilities
- Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript has not previously been published elsewhere.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Authors must participate in the peer review process.
- Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
- All Authors mentioned in the paper must have significantly contributed to the research.
- Authors must state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
- Authors must notify the Editors of any conflicts of interest.
- Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript.
- Authors must report any errors they discover in their published paper to the Editors.
Section C: Reviewers’ responsibilities
- Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author
- Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
- Reviewers should also call to the Editor in Chief’s attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Section D: Editors’ responsibilities
- Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
- Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication.
- Editors should always consider the needs of the authors and the readers when attempting to improve the publication.
- Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers and the integrity of the academic record.
- Editors should publish errata pages or make corrections when needed.
- Editors should have a clear picture of a research’s funding sources.
- Editors should base their decisions solely on the papers’ importance, originality, clarity, and relevance to publication’s scope.
- Editors should not reverse their decisions nor overturn the ones of previous editors without serious reason.
- Editors should preserve the anonymity of reviewers.
- Editors should ensure that all research material they publish conforms to internationally accepted ethical guidelines.
- Editors should only accept a paper when reasonably certain.
- Editors should act if they suspect misconduct, whether a paper is published or unpublished, and make all reasonable attempts to persist in obtaining a resolution to the problem.
- Editors should not reject papers based on suspicions; they should have proof of misconduct.
- Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers and board members.
Abstracting and Indexing
PROFIT, p-ISSN 2355-7176 and e-ISSN 2620-8504, is indexed and abstracted in:
The papers published in the PROFIT will be consider to retract in the publication if:
- They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabri-cation) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error).
- The findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing and permission orjustification (i.e. cases of redundant publication).
- It constitutes plagiarism.
- It reports unethical research.
The mechanism of retraction follow the Retraction Guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org.
Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
Papers submitted to Infinity Journal will be screened for plagiarism using turnitin plagiarism detection tools. Jurnal PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism.
Before submitting articles to reviewers, those are first checked for similarity/plagiarism tool, by a member of the editorial team. The papers submitted to Jurnal Profit must have similarity level less than 30%.
Plagiarism is the exposing of another person’s thoughts or words as though they were your own, without without permission, credit, or acknowledgment, or because of failing to cite the sources properly. Plagiarism can take diverse forms, from literal copying to paraphrasing the work of another. In order to properly judge whether an author has plagiarized, we emphasize the following possible situations:
1. An author can literally copy another author’s work- by copying word by word, in whole or in part, without permission, acknowledge or citing the original source. This practice can be identified through comparing the original source and the manuscript/work who is suspected of plagiarism.
2. Substantial copying implies for an author to reproduce a substantial part of another author, without permission, acknowledge or citation. The substantial term can be understood both in terms of quality as quantity, being often used in the context of Intellectual property. Quality refers to the relative value of the copied text in proportion to the work as a whole.
3. Paraphrasing involves taking ideas, words or phrases from a source and crafting them into new sentences within the writing. This practice becomes unethical when the author does not properly cite or does not acknowledge the original work/author. This form of plagiarism is the more difficult form to be identified.
Subscription (Hardcopy Order)
Would you like to receive a hard copy of our publications?
PROFIT has a liberal policy to allow the authors and readers to order the hardcopies of any particular number/issue or volume (bundle) of the journal. The hardcopy initiative is a print-on-demand and a not-for-profit initiative. A minimal fees is applied to cover the printing, handling, packaging and postal delivery of the journal volume. To keep the process simple, PROFIT pricing is uniformly applicable over all the volumes.
Price of an Issue : IDR 50.000
Price of an Volume (Bundle) : IDR 100.000
The price included the printing, handling, packaging and postal delivery fees of the hardcopy to the address of the authors or subscribers (with Registered Mail standard).
- Volume 4 (2017): bundle of issues 1-2
- Volume 5 (2018): bundle of issues 1-2
Request for journal hardcopy can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org bearing the subject line "Request for hardcopy".
What payment methods can I use?
We can accept payment by T/T bank transfer
Upon submitting your order, please transfer the overall amount to the following account
Shipment fee complies the location (http://www.jne.co.id/tarif.php)