The aim of the PROFIT, p-ISSN 2355-7176 dan e-ISSN 2620-8504, is to provide an national forum for the sharing, dissemination and discussion of research, experience and perspectives across a wide range of education, teaching, development, instruction, educational projects and innovations, learning methodologies and new technologies in economics education.
The Journal invites original research articles and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The whole spectrum of research in economics education are welcome, which includes, but is not limited to the following topics:
- Economic Teaching and Learning
- Economic Science
- Dian Amrina
Jurnal PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi is scientific, peer-reviewed and open access journal published by Sriwijaya University in collaboration with ASPROPENDO. The manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous referees for contribution, originality, relevance, and presentation (double-blind review). Reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses. The Editor shall inform you of the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 30 to 60 days. The submitted manuscript is first reviewed by an editor. It will be evaluated in the office, whether it is suitable for the Jurnal Profit focus and scope or has a major methodological flaw and similarity score.
The accepted research articles will be available online (free download) following the journal peer-reviewing process. The final decision of articles acceptance will be made by Editors according to Reviewers comments. Plagiarism detection of articles in this journal is carried out by using turnitin (Web Checker). The journal is carried out by using Mendeley as a Tool Reference Manager. The language used in this journal is English and Indonesian.
The editor has the right to decide which manuscripts submitted to the journal should be published. Review Process :
- Author submit the manuscript
- Editor Evaluation (some manuscript are rejected or returned before the review process)
- Double Bind peer review process
- Editor Decision
- Confirmation to the author
Jurnal PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi
(p-ISSN 2355-7176 and e-ISSN 2620-8504).
Short journal title: PROFIT
For year 2022, Volume 9, Number 1-2 are scheduled for publication (May & November).
PROFIT is electronically published via journal website https://ejournal.unsri.ac.id/index.php/jp/index
PROFIT is published by Pendidikan Ekonomi FKIP Universitas Sriwijaya.
SCHEDULE OF JOURNAL PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi
- Manuscript Submission : 1 January - 20 March
- Manuscript Selection : 21 March - 30 April
- Accepted Paper Annauncement : 1 Mei
- Publication : 10 Mei
- Manuscript Submission : 1 July - 20 September
- Manuscript Selection : 21 September - 30 October
- Accepted Paper Annauncement : 1 November
- Publication : 10 November
Commencement of publication: Mei 2023
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public, supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or / institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to full text articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or author. This is in accordance with
• Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY-SA)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
JURNAL PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan ilmu Ekonomi is a peer-reviewed journal to publish articles in the field of economic education science & research. PROFIT committed to the ethical standards set for all entities involved in the publication of article.
Responsibilities PROFIT Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Editor-in-Chief Editor
The PROFIT has an editorial team consisting of an editor-in-chief, a managing editor and board of editors. They all are required to be accountable and responsible editors for publishing the PROFIT article. The PROFIT editors led by the editor-in-chief. The PROFIT editors have a duty and responsible as follows:
- Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor accept articles submitted by the author to the PROFIT.
- Articles submitted by the authors to the PROFIT are distributed by the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor to the editors in the Board of Editors for conducting the 1st review process (initial review). Distribution of the articles are well-regulated by the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor so workload can be fairly distributed in number to all editors. Review process PROFIT using a double-blind peer-review system, performed by using the Referee's Appraisal Form.
- Editor-in-Chief is responsible for determining the deadline for receipt of articles that are ready for publication.
- Editor-in-Chief is responsible for implementing and leading the editorial board meeting. Editorial board meetings conducted at least 1 (one) times in 1 (one) issue, to finalize the issue for publication. If the Editor-in-Chief is absent, then Editor-in-Chief can assign the Managing Editor or one of editors to do the duties.
A decision to publish an article is done through the mechanism of peer-review processs stated above, and it is taken into account based on the quality of article. The decision was taken without considering the religion, ethnic origin, nationality, race or gender of the author.
Confidentiality of the article before publication maintained as well as possible. The PROFIT editors cannot release any information available on the article to anyone except the author of the article. Information in a text can be released to others PROFIT editor with the knowledge of the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor.
Disclosure and conflict of interest:
Articles and the materials related to the article that are not accepted for publication in PROFIT must be returned to the authors, and it cannot be used by the PROFIT editors for any reason. To avoid conflicts of interest, the decision was taken in publishing the articles should be fair and based on the peer-review process.
Responsibilities of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions:
Evaluation Reviewers become the main reference for the Editor-in-Chief in making editorial decisions. Evaluation results from the reviewers are really intended to help the author to improve the quality of the article.
If there is an improper designation reviewer, for example, the designated reviewer is not competent in the field of expertise of the article being in peer-review process, one of the PROFIT editors can report it to the Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor. Then, the Editor-in-Chief, or the Managing Editor determines another reviewer with a consideration of some of the editors with the expertise of the article.
Each article is accepted by the reviewer must be strictly confidential. Article and peer-reviewed results should not be submitted directly to the author, or communicated to other than the author, but it must be submitted to the editor in charge, Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities of Authors
Authors should clearly present the objective and significance of research in the article. Author should follow the PROFIT guidelines in preparing the article to submit.
Authors should prepare original research results which has not being published by other authors in any publication. To ensure it, the authors need to check the originality of article using plagiarism checker before submission. The article will be rejected if there is plagiarism on the article. Any information from references used in the article should be honestly and accurately cited in the article.
The authors should submit their article to the PROFIT only. When it is not accepted to publish in the PROFIT as the result of peer-review and officially reported by Editor-in-Chief or the Managing Editor, the authors can submit it to other journal. The article will be rejected if there is plagiarism and multiple submissions on the article.
Errors in Publication:
The authors will recieve their article to conduct final checkig of any error in the article before publication. The authors should report any error in the article to the Editor-in-Chief, or Managing Editor in a period of time given, and the errors should be clearly listed and addressed in a separated sheet together with the evidence of revision.
Responsibilities of Publisher
Universitas Sriwijaya as the publisher of PROFIT, encourages the editors and all stakeholders involved in publication processes to follow the ethics and code of conducts of every parties. The publisher defines the relationship between publisher, editor and other party in a contract, respect privacy, protects intellectual property and copyright, and fosters editorial independence.
Publisher works with journal editors to set journal policies appropriately and aim to meet those policies, particularly with respect to: editorial independence, research ethics, including confidentiality, consent, and the special requirements for human research, authorship, transparency and integrity.
Publisher works with journal editors to converse journal policies in general and review journal policies periodically, responsible for the investigation of suspected research and publication misconduct and, where possible, facilitate in the resolution of these cases, make and publish corrections, clarifications, and retractions, and publish content on a timely basis.
Abstracting and Indexing
PROFIT, p-ISSN 2355-7176 and e-ISSN 2620-8504, is indexed and abstracted in:
The papers published in the PROFIT will be consider to retract in the publication if:
- They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabri-cation) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error).
- The findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing and permission orjustification (i.e. cases of redundant publication).
- It constitutes plagiarism.
- It reports unethical research.
The mechanism of retraction follow the Retraction Guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org.
Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
Papers submitted to Infinity Journal will be screened for plagiarism using turnitin plagiarism detection tools. Jurnal PROFIT: Kajian Pendidikan Ekonomi dan Ilmu Ekonomi will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism.
Before submitting articles to reviewers, those are first checked for similarity/plagiarism tool, by a member of the editorial team. The papers submitted to Jurnal Profit must have similarity level less than 20%.
Plagiarism is the exposing of another person’s thoughts or words as though they were your own, without without permission, credit, or acknowledgment, or because of failing to cite the sources properly. Plagiarism can take diverse forms, from literal copying to paraphrasing the work of another. In order to properly judge whether an author has plagiarized, we emphasize the following possible situations:
1. An author can literally copy another author’s work- by copying word by word, in whole or in part, without permission, acknowledge or citing the original source. This practice can be identified through comparing the original source and the manuscript/work who is suspected of plagiarism.
2. Substantial copying implies for an author to reproduce a substantial part of another author, without permission, acknowledge or citation. The substantial term can be understood both in terms of quality as quantity, being often used in the context of Intellectual property. Quality refers to the relative value of the copied text in proportion to the work as a whole.
3. Paraphrasing involves taking ideas, words or phrases from a source and crafting them into new sentences within the writing. This practice becomes unethical when the author does not properly cite or does not acknowledge the original work/author. This form of plagiarism is the more difficult form to be identified.
Subscription (Hardcopy Order)
Would you like to receive a hard copy of our publications?
PROFIT has a liberal policy to allow the authors and readers to order the hardcopies of any particular number/issue or volume (bundle) of the journal. The hardcopy initiative is a print-on-demand and a not-for-profit initiative. A minimal fees is applied to cover the printing, handling, packaging and postal delivery of the journal volume. To keep the process simple, PROFIT pricing is uniformly applicable over all the volumes.
Price of an Issue : IDR 50.000
Price of an Volume (Bundle) : IDR 100.000
The price included the printing, handling, packaging and postal delivery fees of the hardcopy to the address of the authors or subscribers (with Registered Mail standard).
- Volume 4 (2017): bundle of issues 1-2
- Volume 5 (2018): bundle of issues 1-2
Request for journal hardcopy can send an email to email@example.com bearing the subject line "Request for hardcopy".
What payment methods can I use?
We can accept payment by T/T bank transfer
Upon submitting your order, please transfer the overall amount to the following account
Shipment fee complies the location (http://www.jne.co.id/tarif.php)